|Atkins Middle East|
|Export / Import|
|Sales / Marketing|
|4 - 5 Years|
|24 -30 Lacs (P.A.)|
• Must have a minimum of degree in planning or transportation and over five years related professional work experience after university graduation;
• Experience in delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment;
• Competency in a range of transportation planning skills including development planning principles, access control, functional planning, public transport issues, temporary traffic management, pedestrian and non-motorised transportation issues, and transport demand theory;
• Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards;
• Experience with transport assessment, preliminary highway design and a good appreciation of transport appraisal and modelling techniques;
• Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people’s needs;
• Experience in providing the appropriate junction analysis to assist traffic impact assessments;
• Excellent communication in written and spoken English;
• Experienced in project/financial management;
• Experience in giving technical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences;
• Advanced skills and competence with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
• Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems;
• Project management and commercial competence;
• Must be willing to travel internationally.
• Previous Middle East or Gulf experience, and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards including securing approvals from statutory authorities;
• Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken; and
• Capable of using modelling software such as VISUM, VISSIM, SIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
• Behavioural Competencies
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high competency in listening and communicating;
• High attention to detail and eye for technical excellence;
• A positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and co-operation at all times;
• Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency;
• Ability to work without excessive supervision;
• Ability for self-checking & correction of work;
• A team player.
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies.